Saturday, October 3, 2020

Back to cold and drizzle

 Not much done outside yesterday...I am just too cold to endure it. I even put on an old garden winter jacket but that did nothing. When I walk the dogs i have my hat on now - something I really need to ward off the cold wind on my head. Could it spell the end of summer? haha!

We had a great discussion about Hallowe'en and decided we shall close off the lights and not offer goodies this year. Many on our little cul de sac already do this so we have seen numbers drop significantly over the years. I spend a lot of time decorating and making it appealing for the young ones but that too, takes time and energy but most of all some enthusiasm which I do not have this year. So now I hope this decision will hold true. We have not heard yet if the Village will cancel it completely this year in light of the Covid 19 issues. Many other cities etc have already done so.

The dehydrator has been going steady for a few days. More fruit being done. Not only the cranberries, but also now, cantaloupe and pineapple and plums. I hope much of this will be eaten over the winter?

We have arranged to visit with Mike next weekend for Thanksgiving - going on the Saturday. He has buckled down again into his studies full force even if the classes are on line - he still has lots to do. Assignments and essays and papers to complete and without the option of slipping into the University Library for research. This is the aspect of the lockdown that he misses the most. He is losing the ability to research since he has little at home or often little on line from which to gather info.. He has found that he is having to buy more books off the internet now and that adds up in expenses greatly.

I was happy to see your work Pati on the other blog and truly see how happy and busy you have been in the studio. I love th leaves from the Elm in your yard - a nice reminder of that glorious tree.

Just browsed the Free Press which I cannot read but only see highlights on line, and sad to see the final end of our beloved dear old Hudson Bay Store. So many happy memories of going "to the Bay" on the bus. I can still picture the different floors and off course, The Paddle Wheel. Perhaps they can restore its glory in another way as i think it is a heritage building now, is it not? 

Well, time for another coffee and some breakfast. Thinking if you all on this wonderful Fall day. Take care and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment