Friday, October 30, 2020

Everything appeared to be screwed up but I think I've figured it out

 In my "new post" page, every blog I've ever had is listed on one side.  If I want to post on any of them, I just go to the page and there is a section where I can open a list of them, and I pick which blog I want to post on.  Otherwise everything gets posted onto the family blog. Took me awhile to figure it out, this morning, but I think I've got it now.  I'll try to get something on the Mouse Factory blog later today.  I'll post the previous piece and take a picture of the piece I sandwiched Wednesday.  I'm very pleased with this new piece--so far.  I plan to do some intricate FMQ'g on it, and am a little anxious about how well that may turn out.

I'm sorry to hear about Harry's brother-in-law passing away.  I remember meeting him when we visited many years ago. Was it 1985?  ( Amber was 12 and I remember all the young fellows showing up on their bicycles on your street.  Something not usually seen there.  Snort!) At the time the other Harry was very pleased about getting a rubber dingy, and not yet married to your Harry's sister. I'm also sorry to hear that he wasn't well for a lengthy period before passing, but I also remember that he had a liking for drink.

This has been a somewhat rough week for us.  We seem to have been out just about everyday and will be out again later today.  David wasn't feeling well, and I had to do the grocery shopping and bill paying alone on Wednesday. I got it done, and everything loaded into the car, and home, where David helped with the unloading.  Yesterday we were out for what we thought would be a short errand.  We wanted cashews from the Bulk Barn, and I wanted to pop into Fabricland for spray adhesive.  I didn't realize that I would have to stand outside and wait to get in to Fabricland for over 20 minutes.  I wasn't dressed for the cold.  Then they were very strict about making us follow the directional arrows on the floor, which circulated the periphery of the store before wending their way to the check out.  What I wanted was right by the checkout and I knew it, so was a little pissed at having to do so much walking.  Then I wandered through the parking lot looking for David before deciding that he must still be at the Bulk Barn across the parking lot, across the busy street, and across another parking lot.  He was just leaving when I finally found him.

By this time I had had more than enough time on my feet, but it didn't end.  We had one more stop at the grocery store.  I thought David was going to stay in the car while I went in, so grabbed my purse and charged in to get it over with.  Got what I needed, but then had to go to the other end of the store to get the soft drinks that I heard David ask for as I had been getting out of the car.  Got to the bottom of the drink aisle and saw David walking away at the other end of the aisle!  At this point I was  cold, tired and very sore, which added together to create a bit of a temper,  He was pissed that I hadn't waited for him to join me going into the store.  I finally caught up to him at the checkout, where we had three items and two carts.  The clerk, who has seen us before, could see that we were both short tempered, and was trying not to laugh, as David left me to deal with the groceries, saying he wanted to check a lottery ticket. This left me trying to pay and deal with the Air Miles card, and juggling two carts in a narrow check-out aisle. So as he left, I, half finding a bit of humor and half snarking off, under my breath I said "yeah, and we can pick up a divorce later."  The clerk jumps right in and says "divorces, aisle one".  This diffused the situation, and she and I had a good laugh.

Less funny was the longer term affects of our days out. We got home just in time to watch Dr. Phil.  Within minutes, David was well asleep, book in hand.  I was so sore and tired that I used my cane in the house for the rest of the day and evening.  I plan to use it today as well, and I'm going to suggest that we put the laundry off until tomorrow so that we can both have a more relaxing day.  We both have pedicures booked for this morning.  It's starting to look like we may be gong into a full shut down next week,  if I'm reading between the lines in the paper correctly.  I can't disagree with that decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment