Friday, October 23, 2020

Cats

Incorporating cats into the family is not something I miss with not having animals, but I often miss having an animal in the house.  But we both believe that it would be a cruelty to bring a young animal to live with us, as neither of us can predict how long we're going to be around.

Yesterday, we both had our flu shots and neither of us appears to be suffering with it.  We're both a little lazy today, but that is no indicator of malaise, maybe just boredom.  We were worried about David having it, as he has had so much trouble in the past.  However, I overdid it at the sewing machine today, and am very tired.  I'm looking forward to doing nothing this evening.  I wasn't even alert enough to listen to Gail tell me about her day, when she phoned.  St. Norbert Market is now open both Saturdays and Sundays, but vendors are only allowed to be there one day, and her day is Sundays.  We both have to change our goods for sale in the Gallery gift shop in Selkirk tomorrow, but with Covid, only one vendor is allowed in at one time.  My appointment is 11:00, and hers is 3:30, so we can't even travel together.

I have now set up a short-term Bullet Journal (BuJo)  for myself.  Just the activity of setting it up showed me a few places where I could be more efficient in my life.  I have only set up 6 months in the little book--a small insignificant one I had made for myself years ago.  I didn't want to buy another cheap sketch book, when I have so many--and not one really suitable.  If I find that it works well enough that I can actually make use of it, then I'll maybe buy one--at Walmart, where they're cheap.

Today I went back to Pennington's to take a look at long sleeved tee-shirts, and they greeted me by name.  Perhaps I'm spending too much money there.  When I thought about it everything I was wearing, other than my shoes and my scarf, I had bought there.  When it comes to recognizing me, I also have to guess that the fur coat is a dead giveaway.

Also today, we changed over to our duvets.  What a pain in the a-- that is, especially the one that goes on the Queen bed, as it is a King duvet, and next to impossible to manipulate.  I've been so cold over the past week-week and a half.  But then I've been cold everywhere.  Old age?  I know David is always cold, just as his father was, when taking blood thinners.  He wears a jacket in the house-always.  I wear a jacket or sweater on the main floor, but don't really need one in the basement, and at the same time, I find a tee shirt too cool down there.  Thus the need for long sleeved tee-shirts.

We seem to be settling down quite nicely to the increased restrictions in the area.  I guess it gets easier with practice.  And Heaven only knows we've had lots of practice this year.  David pouring the wine.  I guess the bedtime routine is starting.  Be safe ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment