Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Encountered the dreaded SNOW!

 A quickie for this morning. Long horrible drive to Kirkland Lake starting out early in the dark and rain, and encountering snow along the way and greeted with a nice covering of snow on the ground once we got there. But then the sun showed it's smiling face during our visit so the drive home was dry but just as terribly long. Our sister in law Deanna looks poorly and very unlike what we remembered of her appearance before her 5 month ordeal in hospital. But she still showed her sense of humour and her conversation was totally normal and her memory was good, inspite of weakness and need to mobilize with a walker. She and i had a really nice visit and she was able to vent a bit to me which she has always found easy when we are together. Harry's brother is also not looking very healthy and also shows decline in mobility and memory. A good idea for us to visit as it made their day and with winter coming who knows when we might see them again. Deanna enjoyed the sandwiches and lunch I brought and I observed her need to eat so I told her i thought she was starving, and to increase her daily consumption of food/nutrition. She lost 50 lbs during her hospitalization. And at home now she depends on her daughter in law to bring food, or Ted will open a tin of soup. I thank goodness that at this particular moment Harry and i have not reached that stage yet.

So mid week is here and I have lots to do inside because it is once again raining out. No win on last nights Lotto Max for me - but i still run back for more tickets haha! I'll never win anything unless i have a ticket! When i came home last night i wanted to have my usual goblet of wine, but alas I have none. So on a whim I checked over by the Grandfather clock where I have some odd 1/2 full bottles of stuff such as the brandy Harry uses on his cakes, and low and behold a full unopened bottle of Harvey's Cream Sherry. Yeah! I really enjoyed the richness of that goblet so look forward to tonight's snort!

Take care , and thinking of you 


No comments:

Post a Comment