Wednesday, November 25, 2020

A new Kindle, you say?

 Pati I will be anxious to hear all about your Kindle. it prompted me to pull out my KOBO and charge it and have another go at using it. I have the instructions from my local Library to go online and use that method so when I get a chance i will check it out. let us know how you do. My KOBO came with instructions and yesterday i read through it again as a reminder for myself so I think you shall be OK although the Kindle may be slightly different, I think all these E readers function  basically the same way, and I like the ability to change the font size. My KOBO came with some free books, so maybe your Kindle will offer the same. Cathy, have you used your Ereader lately?

I went to Daisy's yesterday afternoon for a "Birthday Party" for her daughter in law Rhona. There was just Daisy, granddaughter Michelle , Rhona and I. The next door neighbour was to attend but could not at last minute. The son, Mike , had gone back to Toronto to do the accounts for Rhona's Hair Salon which she had to close again due to the Covid Lockdown in Toronto. He takes care of all the paper stuff and now they have to request funding for employee pay and rent subsidy from the government. Apparently they will get 95% rent paid which will allow her to keep the Salon and pay her one full time employee. Tough times for small business owners. I enjoyed the time there and it was good to get out for awhile. She served some hot Cranberry spiced drink (Cranberry juice, lemons, cloves heated in pot) which was good - I think I will make some here. Also some Swedish meat balls which i may also try. Presidents Choice frozen Swedish meatballs in a box, and mix with some plum sauce and heat in oven or slow cooker. She also had Carrot Cake as a treat. All good! Daisy had a "spell" while I was there so for a bit I helped them out, but the family are very well in tune with her episodes so manage very well in her care. I applaud their efforts in caring for her so diligently.

Today I am starting to clean up around the front room for Christmas. I put up my little laser tree and happy to see if flashing in the corner. Harry did some gift shopping on his own the other day , has wrapped gifts so now I must make some room for them under the tree. I plan to go down to the storage unit to bring back my box of Christmas movies and this year plan to watch them like I have done in past years but not the last two or three. I will have to set up the little TV and movie machine that has sat idle for a few years but I can do it! Yeah, I have a plan haha! One day I shall have to go out on my own and see about shopping for a few gifts for Harry so the tree isn't just there for the ones he bought. I am trying to put some joy into this Christmas and be damned, I will do it in spite of myself, and how I am feeling. haha! Let's all think the same way and so this together...OK? 

Well... on with the day. Take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment