Sunday, November 15, 2020

Lazy, lazy days

David just came by and reminded me that I should be blogging instead of wasting time on Facebook.  Yes, he's right, but what have we done lately?  Not much.  We play on our computers, we read, and we watch silly tv.  Yep, sounds right to me.  About the only "have to" item on our schedule is to plan something for supper.  Somehow this just doesn't seem right, but we are fast slipping into this pattern, none-the-less.  Today we have to re-fill our dosettes, and put out the garbage, but otherwise there is absolutely nothing that demands our attention.  Well, maybe we both need to bathe, and I'm sure that will get done.

Yesterday, I broke the pattern and walked over to the little mall across the way.  I went to the pharmacy there to renew a prescription I had left there when our usual Pharmacy was closed because of  a fire.  It was a fairly warm day-too warm for the way I had dressed- and a pleasant walk.  I thought of trying it again today, but the wind is really howling this morning. We'll see what the afternoon brings.

So, am I happy with this lifestyle? I seem to be just accepting it as being the way things are.  Is this a symptom of depression?  I have to wonder, but that would mean finding a way to address the situation.

In any case, I have developed a plan for today.  First, I'm going to get dressed.  Then I will refill my dosette. Then I should wash the few dishes that are sitting on the counter.  One of the cuts on my finger is a little too serious to just forget and carry on.  I've been keeping it clean and dressed, and David has been washing dishes.  It appears to be healing quite nicely, but I still think there is a way to go before I can declare it fully healed.  This has been interfering with both housework and studio work, but maybe I can take a chance and try to do some work in the studio today.

Gail and I spoke by phone yesterday, as we always do, and we had a bit of a disagreement, that left me concerned enough to call her back, in the evening, to make sure things were still okay between us.  She says that we're "good", but I'm still uncomfortable at the way things were left.  She's working today, but we'll see how things go with this evening's regular phone call.

I've now been sitting in front of this computer, in my housecoat, for 4 hours.  Just this moment, David's large "torchiere" tri-light has packed it in.  Not a surprise as it is lit for about 10 hours/day.  This will create a "major' crisis in our house and will be impetus enough to get me up and moving.  Those things are no longer made, and have been condemned by Hydro.  Damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment