Monday, November 16, 2020

Stupid Horoscope!

 My horoscope said I would be coming into money today.  Bring it on, says I.  Maybe we'll hear from the tax department.  We did and to our delight we have both been approved for the Disability Tax Credit.  What's more, it is back to 2009 for both of us- the maximum of 10 years that are ever allowed.  David's approval was primarily because of his Sleep Apnea, and I expect that mine was because of the Total Knee Replacements. The back payment may not be as much as one might expect as it is based on the amount of income tax one actually paid in each year.  It would still be nice if we could work things out toward  buying the new car we need. Still, I have to wonder if any of you might not be eligible.  It might be worth looking into.  We asked our doctor if we might be eligible and only when he agreed that it could well be possible, did we start the process.  When I think about it, it almost seems too easy.

Today when I picked up my prescription from the pharmacy in the little mall across the street, they gave me a calendar, and then when David picked up his bird food, they gave him one too. I had known that they had  a special on them last week, but thought the special was over on Saturday.  I have really been slack with my actual sketching lately, as I can't seem to find anything to actually sketch, but I think the  bird pictures in that calendar will be perfect.  Of course, the issue with the pharmacy calendar turned out to be getting it home.  I had my cane in one hand, my purse in the other and was trying to walk with the slippery calendar under my arm.  I dropped it a couple of times, and then had to pick it up. While I was doing that , David was off doing some grocery shopping and banking, so when I got home, the issue was trying to unlock the door.  One thing about being old is that your life becomes a slapstick  comedy act.

No comments:

Post a Comment