Sunday, November 22, 2020

Fun read..

It was nice to log on and read notes from you both and have some fun..it seems from my perspective that your lives are a bit more exciting than mine. So I shall write a few words this morning while sitting here enjoying some toast with butter and bovril. Always a fall back for me when I want something I like.

The followup to my Amazon message came the next day while I was sitting on the front steps speaking with Daisy's son who dropped by unexpected ( Harry had gone to the dump) when that same van from the night before drove into the driveway and out popped the young man with another parcel ( the order actually had two parcels that should have come together and I wondered at the time why I only got one) He said he had the second box but no one told him it was the same order etc etc.etc  He picks up parcels in Bracebridge ( about 1 1/2 hours south) and drives all over our immediate area to deliver. He can only deliver up to 8 pm by the rules, but said he is as busy as ever. Nice that someone can get some work by virtue of Amazon being so busy and backlogged with deliveries.

On another note, Friday night just before closing at 9 pm the Walmart SuperStore in North Bay had a fire starting in the men's department and quickly spread up into the walls and roof. (my info about it is from the local North Bay net news) Three Fire units responded and the fire was contained. All people shopping in the store and staff were evacuated safely. Apparently millions of dollars damage. We saw pictures on the net news of water and burned goods and it was a real mess. The Fire Marshall's office and the police are investigating the cause. What a loss especially just before Christmas and especially in this time of restrictions with Covid 19.

We had to order another keyboard and it arrived yesterday ( yes, by delivery to the door from Amazon) Harry connected it and then asked me to check behind the tower. Something was wrong as i juggled cords and found out we had no speakers working. He left to go to the dump and left me to do some troubleshooting. I was near panic trying to sort it out but kept my cool and used my brain to think - how would the geek squad figure this out? So I went into programs, and control panels etc and got lost in "never never land" BUT, I got it fixed and our speakers worked again (just as Harry returned) Yeah!!

Well my toast is done, and I am satisfied for now so will get on with my day. Take care folks and stay safe please. There is a forecast of lots of snow coming so I shall prepare for the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment