Wednesday, November 4, 2020

I ventured out yesterday

 Yesterday i went up to North Bay on my own - visited Willie for a bit as I had some items to take to him. Then I went to the Northgate Mall - first time since the early March lockdown for me to go into this Mall but I was after some specific items. First of all there are very many stores closed - Davids Tea Store is even shuttered up! Not finding what i wanted i drove over to the North Bay Mall on the other side of the city. This Mall was in even more dire straits. The only department like stores open were Hart and Treasure Hunt. A Barber Shop was open and two employees sitting in the chairs - no customers  Also a little custom craft like store again with no customers. No Frills is in this Mall and a Dollarama - both of which were busy. It is such a shame to see a deserted Mall. So I did do a grocery shop and then went into Dollarama for wrapping paper and a little dog coat for Lily as the days are colder now and she just shivers when I take her out. Bailey already had a couple of coats. Not too productive for me. I like the idea of shopping by ordering and then picking up Pati so i will be interested in your experience, as I saw this in No Frills occurring - they actually have a section cordoned off expressly for the workers doing the shopping orders.. I know they do this in our local Foodland as well. There is the issue of getting what you want, and when i go into Freshco in Huntsville I like to look for specials and chose certain items off the shelf. I guess we just have to decide how best to manage ourselves and our safety, in this current crazy world. But I sure love the masks I am wearing - thanks again Keri and Cathy. By the way, Willie loves his two masks that I finally took him yesterday. He likes the style with the metal at the nose and the ear elastics.

So now for some breakfast and on with things around the house. Take care folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment