Monday, November 16, 2020

Terrible storm here...

 Started yesterday and lasted the entire day and night - very strong winds and rain blowing wide ways down the street. The lights kept flickering for an hour or two around supper time and sure enough out they went just before 7 pm. The hydro came back on about 3:30 this morning so thankfully it was not out for long. You can never tell in this area how long it may take for it to be fixed. I just had Bailey out and it is drizzling now but with the cold they say it may turn to snow flurries. The interesting part of this is how fast and drastic the barometer fell. I have one in the kitchen that I monitor on a regular basis and was shocked to see it fall quickly as this storm took hold. I actually watch weather patterns and changes by observing my barometer. Do you folks have one that you monitor regularly? I can remember Dad always had one in the hall and always checked it.

The little dog has been under the weather these last two days and I do not know the problem but has diarrhea and not eating and listless. So I watch and care for her carefully hoping whatever it is, will pass quickly. It is so hard with animals to diagnose.

I received a picture from my friend Sue with her table covered with 23 loaf pans of baked Christmas cake. It looks so delicious. This is an annual celebration with her and her two adult daughters. They have a weekend of baking and apparently drinking wine etc and the girls come from their homes and spend the weekend at Sues. Sounds nice. They all take a share of the spoils and give to friends. And Sue always decorates her home elaborately inside and out for the season. Although I have never attended her home, she has an old fashioned  Victorian Tea for all her women friends and old workmates. This year she has had to cancel r/t Covid and I think she will miss the preparations and event herself. Over the years I have been happy with our relationship of communicating by email and the yearly (sometimes semiyearly) luncheon in Huntsville with her. Of course that was also cancelled this year for us as well.

Well Harry thinks we should go shopping today rather than tomorrow with the pending snow call, so I guess it is off we go again. I just as soon get it over with as well. I only go into the grocery store and today that likely will be both WalMart, and then Freshco, as there are things in WalMart I like to buy that I do not get in the other store eg the animal foods etc. 

Take care folks and stay home and safe. Thinking of you. Just heard on the news that Sudbury has gone into the code orange state because of an increase in cases - that is a little too close to home. Of course Toronto remains very high with cases and restrictions.


No comments:

Post a Comment