Friday, November 20, 2020

Warm and pleasant

 What a treat to step out the door early this morning with the dog and be greeted with calm skies ( no wicked wind) and warmish temperatures. The snow is essentially gone but for how long? I'll enjoy it while I can.

With great worry I listen to the radio news and hear all about Manitoba and Winnipeg and the lockdowns and wish you all safety and security from this virus. Ontario is no better but I fear is slow in addressing the issues and also fear those people who rise above it all and do as they like without regard to others. And so much hope is being given to the new vaccines that are presenting themselves as the panacea to the pandemic.  I am still on the wait list at the Pharmacy to get a flu vaccine let alone any Covid 19 vaccines that are pending. The Government is issuing the flu vaccines to the Pharmacies slowly and in limited quantities and yet their ads are strongly encouraging everyone to get the flu shot. I usually get mine at my Drs every Fall but that office is not open right now. I can get Rx renewals only by having Pharmacy call the office. Life certainly has changed for all of us right now. I do not mind the stay at home aspect as I am perfectly happy to do so, but at some point actually "need" to go out to the store for essentials.

Well enough about that. Hope you folks are well and amusing yourselves appropriately. I tend to do clean up and fuss over things Harry wants eg fresh baked bread, pickled eggs haha! We have been ordering from Amazon and it really is too easy! The last two evenings I have watched a movie on the computer from Amazon prime.(decided I needed to do something for myself that might please me) Last evening at 7:30 pm there was a tap on the door to which Bailey responded with barking. I saw head lights out the window so went to the door , turned on the light, and said Hello through the closed door. No response so I opened it to see a box at the door and someone getting into their car in the driveway. I hollered Thank you but do not know if they heard me. Here was a box with something we ordered yesterday!! How do they do this so quickly?  At least it was not a drone hovering over my house haha! Any wonder stores are going under because of online shopping. I know you shop online Pati...do you Cathy?

Time to start my day. Thinking of you...have a nice, quiet weekend at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment