Thursday, August 13, 2009

Be - another day

Well, very busy at Mothers today - much to do with garden and vegetables and freezing etc. Also housework always needs to be done - today it was the front door windows plus all the kitchen stuff. Lunch was good - the salmon loaf was delicious and is always one of MY favourites. Very muggy / humid and Mothers house is always "closed" and holds the heat - at one point I actually opened windows to try to get a cross breeze - it worked but of course had to close it all before leaving.
I did some sewing this afternoon - finally decided I would get into my studio and do something. I have now sewed all the 2 1/2 inch squares that I had coloured coordinated and since my eyes could not see well enough to make up more groups, I started to make yo yos. I need to wait until daylight in the front room in order to lay out all your little squares Patty to get good 9 square blocks in the right colours. But I tried the "extra small" yoyo maker and it went OK but sure is small. I will still wait for my order to come in with the other sizes so don't worry about sending any of your makers - by the way, exactly how many did you buy?
Anyway, must take dog out and then to bed and back to my reading - I am enjoying the book by Cussler - there was a show on CBC this week that examined why people read what and the idea of escapism seemed to be the overlying reason - I think I concur!
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment