Tuesday, August 11, 2009

to market, to market to buy a fat hog--

home again, home again jiggetty jog
Yes, we had a great trip and bought everything we wanted and didn't go over budget--even had a couple of bucks left over.

D--n Yo-Yo makers!! I found the small in the nicest little quilt store--Front Porch Quilt Shop--just west of Detroit Lakes. We looked everywhere, and finally found the large one in Michael's in Grand Forks. We just went in there at the last minute on spec( as Mom used to say) So-o-o What the h--l are we going to do with all of these yo-yo makers? You'll have to take the class Beth. I'll could mail you a large one. Can you cancel the order?

I bought pre-cut picture matts at Hobby Lobby in Fargo. I paid $1.00 for the smaller size ( $4.00 in Wpg) and $1.50 for the larger size ($8.75 in Wpg) They were on sale for 50% off, but I had been prepared to pay full price and only found out about the discount at the till. I also got scrap booking paper--out of which I make journal covers. It is anywhere from $0.69 to $2.29 a sheet in Wpg. They had it on sale for 3/$1.00, so I picked up 18 sheets. When we checked the bill, she had charged me 5/$1.00! We found that prices in Fargo were cheaper than Wpg but prices in Grand Forks were about the same. Hmmm--strange?

So now I've replenished my supplies and can get to making more stock. But wait, didn't I say that I would take a break and do some creating? YES!!! David will be going to the lake with his sister next week and I get to spend time at home doing whatever I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment