Sunday, August 23, 2009

Be - An "untrip" today

Well, life is funny. We did not need to go on Friday to Petawawa to pick up Mike as he called to say he had a ride back to North Bay so we figured only a return trip on Sunday would be needed. Friday evening we received another call from Mike - that afternoon some friends came up from Ottawa to visit with him, he missed his ride, so was spending the evening with his friends, and by the way could we come Saturday morning to pick him up??? So off we were early at 7 am Saturday - he was ready by 11 am when we arrived, and so back to North Bay and onto Sundridge by 4 pm. We were off to North Bay again this morning to take him back, but once there, we found him arranging a ride with someone who was going back tonight. So as it turned out, we did not need to go all the way today and were back home by 3 pm. So all is well on the "Mike" front until next weekend!
There is one thing that I hate to manage and that is water problems of any kind. And we have had many over the years from hot water heaters, to leaky pipes, to water in basement etc. So I feel for you as you trouble shoot your leaks but if you can handle with these changes of switching location of downspouts etc, good for you - would save a bundle $$$ instead of contractors being called in. Keep us informed of your success.
Was thinking of you Cathy all weekend and hoping the weather cooperated with the wedding plans and that the celebrations were wonderful. It was a bit of a "vacation" for you and Jim too as I read into your message? I could not think of the name of the Park you were at over the weekend - could only bring up Clear Lake but as I started to write this message, suddenly "Riding Mountain" came into my brain. So many little things elude me lately - I can't even blame it on a stressful working situation anymore. I often struggle to remember names, or sequences that once were second nature for me and so frequently wonder if I'm losing it.
We will go to Mothers tomorrow. At home, I have so much undone here that I wonder if I'll ever catch up. And now, all the garden produce is piling up and needing to be done. What I would really like to do instead is to sew, and to read. Finished another novel last night - had to read until it was finished because I was so close to the end so it was about 10:30 pm before the lights went out.
Well, time to sign off for now....Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment