Saturday, August 15, 2009

Be - Turkey deep fried??

Did you cook a turkey in the deep fryer Cathy? You mentioned that when Tim came you were going to do it! If so, how did it turn out? I was there with you when you first used the fryer - actually Tim and Rodney did it and we all watched in awe. As a backup you had prepared Daddy's ribs in the oven - so in the end we had both.
We had ribs done on the BBQ tonight and I must say very delicious. We went to Petawawa on Friday to pick up Mike for the weekend and we always go into the base Canex store - we have bought ribs there before and the price is excellent so we pick up several packages to have on hand. Tomorrow we will take him back again to Petawawa. He was on his own this weekend for which I was pleased as it will give him a chance to "chill out" although he had a pretty full schedule by the sounds of it but at least not a whole bunch of buddys from the base with him which turns into a pretty rough weekend of it!
Today was the Sunflower Festival in Sundridge - they close the main street and over 40 vendors had booths set up. Live music from a variety of local artists and food etc. Tonight they have a street dance. We went in the morning and then after supper went down again because the printed agenda stated live music from 5 to 7 pm before the street dance. Well it was deserted with only a few people wandering around and the stage empty. We sat at the lake for awhile, and then back to the main street where we were told that they had changed the schedule and there was to be no music until the dance at 7 pm. So you could say that Harry and I spent an hour in downtown Sundridge doing nothing! Consequenlty, I have decided to have a bath and go to bed to - guess what ... read more of the book.
Today I sat outside on the picnic table with my two boxes of 2 1/2 inch fabric squares and pinned together about another 50- 9 square blocks ready to sew up. I had intended to start to sew them tonight but that idea has quickly faded into nothingness. Harry came to the table at one point and started to put together a few pieces as well - I wonder if anyone going by actually could see the two of us playing with little pieces of fabric? Oh, by the way, we were also drinking beer!
Well, my bath awaits me and I just made myself a nice cup to tea to enjoy in the tub. And if I am right, Randy Bachman should be on the radio to entertain me!
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment