Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ribs

We had the leftover ribs from the long weekend on Friday. I thoroughly enjoyed them, and ate nothig else but ribs for supper that night. Now I have to consciously plan to get back to healthy eating. The back/hip pain I experienced just before seeing you two came back two days ago, so I started an activity analysis to figure out what activity I was heavily involved with prior to the weekend, that I gave up over the long weekend, and had re-started recently. The only thing I can think of was hand stitching on my floor frame. So I didn't do any yesterday--no pain yesterday evening. Damn! I used to be able to work with that thing for 10 hours a day without any problem. Old age is a bitch, but at Mike's age rough weekends are something to strive for.

To add to my discontent, David decided yesterday to find out where, and how bad the leak is in the basement. With all of the rain this summer, we've had water on the floor three times. It usually runs across the floor between the corner cabinet and the ironing board in the studio area, off toward the laundry area and the main drain. So he started with the wall behind the corner cabinet and has had to work his way along the wall behind the big heavy shelving units. He got three panels off yesterday, and still hasn't found the trouble area. But he had no plan for organizing things, and I now have a basement in total chaos. Even if he finds the darn leak we have no money to fix it. Want to trade three teenagers for a wet basement, Cathy? Maybe I have to pray for drought.

Of course, I was in the middle of an assembly line of three wall hangings and four matted collages. So you may not see the yoyo's mounted for quite some time, Beth. They are all under the mess, somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment