Monday, August 31, 2009

Be - Last day of August

Hard to believe - today is last day of August and then tomorrow will be September and everyone wonders where the "summer" was? I love Fall though so it does not bother me too much - at least until the snow falls! We have been busy driving back and forth to Petawawa - this Friday we get Mike again but it will be the last trip as he is finished this tasking and back to North Bay for a bit. So the car will be loaded with all his gear and belongings from the entire summer. We also go to Mothers at least twice a week so with trips away and to Mothers one runs out of days in a week. Not much time for other stuff once you cram general housekeeping and food preparation and cleanup into every minute when one is actually at home.
Good to hear about your golf weekend Cathy and all the loot you took home- congrats! I have not held a golf club for about 15 years when I played a few times with work tournaments. We always find golf balls on our walks with the dog at the arena - I suspect people go there to practice and then cannot find their stray balls. We could stand on the corner and sell used golf balls - maybe make a fortune?
I made another banana cake to take some to Mothers today - quickly made up maple icing this morning to put on it since we did not get into house until 1030 pm last night from our trip to Petawawa. Everytime I make this cake I think of home and family - good therapy for me - but maybe equally good therapy for me when I eat it piece after wonderful piece!
I have not heard from the Violin Instructor yet about classes starting back next week. I paid before the summer break so am already registered. I try to practice but it too tends to get forgotten with lack of time and energy! My goal for over the summer was to memorize most of my tunes - I tried today and apparently have not attained my goal - yet!
Anyway, until next post - Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment