Thursday, August 27, 2009

House cleaning and yo-yo's

I finished sewing on the last yo-yo yesterday and then tried to stitch a small cross stitch over the hole of each of them. Through that many thicknesses, I just couldn't do it. So today it gets backed and bound. Maybe we could parcel up all of the extra yo-yo's and send them to Cathy. She could put string on them and hang them up in her garden to scare the birds. (ROTFLMAO)

Speaking of arts, Cathy, I think you said that you were still involved-to some extent-with the Viscount Arts Council. I am involved in a fine/craft teaching day in Brandon October 17th. We have been told that there is a poster being sent out to all of the local councils and arts groups, but I'm not sure whether I trust the information. If you see it, could you let me know? I just want to make sure the word is out. If no-one gets the info and no-one signs up, it could turn into quite a disaster. The Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library is working with the Victoria Inn, but even so, is investing quite a bit of money in this. I've also tentatively volunteered to help transport and set up an exhibition that is going to Neepawa for the Manitoba Crafts Council sometime this fall. See how far I'll go to find an excuse to visit?

You can't ignore housework forever. I tried and it didn't work. I found a tiny worm in one of the kitchen drawers, so had to spend yesterday cleaning out and disinfecting all of the drawers and cupboards. I believe I caught it early. I usually manage to keep it surface clean, but the down deep stuff gets, too often, ignored.

David has now put back up the panelling in the studio, and I have the use of my heavy duty shelving unit back. The wardrobe and corner cabinet are not back in position, so most of the smaller stuff is still cluttering up what little free space there is. He left for the lake right after supper yesterday, so now I have two days to myself. I have three hangings to back and bind, and I have to get stuff ready for doing demo's for 5-6 hours on Sunday, out at Cook's Creek. I can sell stuff, but by doing demos, I don't have to pay for a sale table. David tells me that I'll be on my own that day, so I don't think I can take my grids. Although, if I were smart, I would, just so I can practice managing them. The thought of having to lie on the wet soggy ground to hook up the bungee cords is putting me off. I also have to take two baskets of greeting cards for a photographer--I bartered this to get some help with preparing a photo for submission to a jury process--that I didn't pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment