Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Good vibrations--

Maybe someone should write a song good vibrations--h-m-m-m. You may be right Beth. We seem to be having problems with the desk top computer. It isn't responding well to the mouse. New battereies inthe mouse don't seem to help. I'm only mentioning it as some of my words may be "wonky", and since neither "backspace" or "delete" work reliably, corrections are an adventure.
Over the past while, since we got back, I've had a couple of conversations with my friend Dianne about what she should make and why. The gist of it is that she should do what gives her pleasure as that's when her artist's soul becomes involved and the work is "good". Sudden thought--maybe I should follow my own advice.
At my Ravenesque meeting Monday evening, the hostess cautioned us about a downspout over her sidewalk. Told us that she had water in her basement and had re-directed her downspouts. H-m-m-m. Well, the basement is still a disaster, but here's been no more rain. The one guy David spoke to has yet to show up and rain is predicted for today. So the downspout that was directed in to the front flowerbed, is now directed down the driveway. David also says that it was completely plugged with debris. So we'll see.
Otherwise life is quiet. I'm working hard on samples for the class I may be teaching in Brandon in October. Since I had to make a backing for the yo-yo's, all of the samples were made at the same time and are brown. My brown phase. I'm going to try to take a picture today and put it up here.
Beth, the pictures arrived. Thank you. The coffee cups may be a "one-of" I tried some B&B while we were in the states--more than two doubles the first night. David says that the second one was the last of the bottle, so they just up ended it into the glass. No problems, so I had another on the second night. But when we got to the border, the Duty Free was out of B&B! Bummer! So David got TWO bottles of Crown Royal and I got nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment