Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Be - Yard work

Just came in from the yard and poured myself a cold beer. But it is deserved, well deserved. The grass is all cut and trimmed, gardens trimmed and a general cleanup completed. Although you wouldn't notice much difference, at least I know what I accomplished.
This morning I hauled out the slow cooker and put a meatloaf on to cook over the day. I started to smell it this morning, and I can hardly wait to dig into it but apparently I cannot open the lid until the time is up - about three hours from now! I read over the few cookbooks I have on slow cookers looking for some interesting dishes as I have promised myself to try using it more and more. I looked at my cookbooks to see if I had any books from Julia Child but I do not. I heard on the news that Amazon is going crazy trying to fill all the current requests for the Art of French Cooking book obviously as result of the successful new movie about her with Meryl Streep.
Speaking of books I went to the local Sundridge library this morning to scout out selection of books. I was pleasantly surprised so intend to go more frequently for reading materilas. I took out the b0ok by Clive Cussler called Atlantis Found (a Dirk Pitt Novel). I am hoping I will "get into" his writing style as there are many of his books available and all of you seemed to already like his works. There were also many books from Kathy Reichs if I want to read more of her. I finished Devil Bones this morning.
I mailed an envelope to each of you this morning with a few pictures from our weekend together. I said in my note that I have more on the camera that I did not turn into pictures yet so I may be sending more once I go back to Wal Mart to have them developed.
Patty, you have got me hooked on Lists again. I used to make them all the time but fell off a bit. I made my List for yesterday to North Bay and it helped me greatly - and for today, surprising enough, I am almost on track - best part is stroking the item off the list once completed. However, there are still some items not touched. So one problem I have identified is that during the course of the day, when I do "other" things that take up time, and since they are not written down, they don't get credit! Rather, at the end of the day there are those on the List left untouched which could give impression of being unproductive? What a dilema! Perhaps I am focusing on a record of accomplishment rather than an organizational tool?
Well, hope you had a very wonderful trip south Patty and anxious to hear all about it!
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment