Monday, August 10, 2009

Be - muggy day

I guess we can never get it right with the weather - today was sunny and muggy in North Bay. I was there most of the day doing many odd jobs that needed to be done including checking Mike's place and feeding his animals. Mike never got to Niagara Falls as planned - the company trip fell through so they all went to one of the members family cottage in Pembroke and spent a great weekend with BBQs etc.
When I got back home today the ground showed signs of a rain pour but it must have come and gone in a flash. I had to cut the grass as it was looking pretty bad (long) so after a quick bite, out I went. Man, I was sweating by the time I finished the front. So I will wait until tomorrow to get the rest. The flowers are all watered and all is well for another day. I feel like another nice hot bath and since I am all alone- why not???
I spoke with Harry quick and they went to pick blueberries but got rained out managing to get only about 4 baskets- I guess it is still pouring up there. Many the yield will be slim this year?
Patty, I ordered two yo yo makers ( small and large)- there were none in any of the stores I went to in North Bay , so in the quilt shop I usually frequent, I ordered some - they say they have had them but are a quick seller so will be putting an order in this week for more. They actually have aclass planned for this fall usuing yo yos so I expect others are also looking for this handy little tool. In meantime, I have plenty I can do with the extra large size. Cathy, I wish you were with us when we went crazy making yo yos with this neat little plastic yo yo maker. You would have fun doing this! Now you will have to wait until Patty comes to visit to show you "yo yos"!!
Well, I have a few chapters left in that book I never really got into at the Lake (Devil Bones), so I plan to go to bed early and read! Until next blog... take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment