Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pati here
When I have a really bad day, I end up thinking of family becasue that's where my support and strength comes from. So if you think of us after a really bad day, maybe it's becasue we help you cope.
We have decided to take the low road in terms of basement repairs. We have been taking a look at our eavestroughs and downspouts. Lots of work needed there, so that is being done , and evaluated, before we call in the foundation people. So changed the downspout that drained into the front flower bed, and no water inthe basement last time it rained. But when we looked out, water was running over the eavestrough. So today we went up to clean it out and discovered that there was a lot of grit in the channel from the shingles, as well as dirt ( ugh-h-h) So now now it's running a little better. We found another downspout that was draining against the foundation of the house, so we've moved that a bit. We'll see if it helps.
I bought a little plastic apron to use when I'm painting or dyeing. I used it for two sessions of making fabric paper, and loved it, but it was in shreds, so now I'm going to make an apron. this is very different sewing than what I'm used to--wish me luck. I found some very strange fabric that is flannette on both sides, but waterproof in a middle layer. It's pink on one side and blue on the other. I'll let you know how it goes.
And on the home front, I had to throw away a calculator. I've had this calulator for over 20 years. I remember having it when we lived on McMeans. How long are these things supposed to last, anyway? I have another one that I used for the last 10years before I left Deer Lodge, and it still works, although I'm not sure where it is at the moment--it usually lives in the studio, and I'm not even sure where the studio is right now. There is another one that we've had for a long time--can't remember how long, and I thought it had died too, but I left it inthe sunlight for awhile and it's fine. so Ihave to think about buying a new one. Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment