Friday, August 9, 2013

3-2-1 blastoff

It is finally here.  I don't remember anticipating a holiday so much before,  I think it is because I have 2... count 'em... 2 weeks off.  I can't remember 2 weeks in a row either.  I have no plans other than to find the smell in the basement.  I think JJ got bored one night and found a potato to play with.  Now it smells like it is rotting.  Either that or I have garbage piled somewhere that I have forgotten about.  My holidays work out really well with the renovations at the office.  Next week they will be drilling through the wall right under my office.  What a shame ... I shall miss all the noise and dirt.  Tomorrow I hope to sleep in... 6:15 even.  How decadent. I plan on staying home and puttering for at least a week.  I know,  I will be in town by Monday.  I feel a bit guilty, though.  With Patty gone I was trying to do 3 jobs and I just couldn't keep up.  As a result, Patty has a whole back log of work to catch up on.  She won't have to do my job, though.  Just hers and my old job in accounting.  It is enough to keep up to.  The contractors came in this afternoon and asked us about moving all the old monitors etc in the basement.  they need to work in that area.  My plan worked..I said "three old ladies and one pregnant woman... it will take us a while"  the nice young (very) man said.  "Don't worry...we will move them on Monday morning if that is okay with you? " DUH! YES! Go ahead.  In 4 days these guys dug all around the building to about 5 feet down.  Jack Hammered the concrete and everything. Talk about hard work.  They are all from Sandy Bay reserve, which has a bad rep in our area for thefts.  These guys may have had a limited vocabulary (F....)  but they sure worked.   Patty has my phone number just in case (Elizabeth is taking off 3 days next week) but I hope for no phone calls.  I may or may not answer.  Right now I am soooooo grateful that my holidays are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment