Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Do I look like a cucumber?

I have been eating so many veg to try to keep up, I feel like a cucumber, pepper and tomato all rolled into one!!  I just came in for a rest from trimming tomato plants - some are so tall and top heavy I have been tying the tops to tree branches. But they are now ripening - quickly! Crab apples are so heavy the branches are falling to the ground. We did some juice yesterday - about fifty bottles and didn't make a dint in the number of apples on the trees. I went over to the neighbour last week to prompt them because they had wanted crabs to make wine, but so far he hasn't come over or attempted to pick any from his side of the fence. The tree is so big and loaded that the branches are falling onto the ground on his side.
Thank goodness we do not have the humidity that you speak of - at least not yet. But I too worry about the Fall - I do not think I could endure a winter like last year especially if it is even going to be longer in duration.
Mike returned from his spur of the moment hunting trip ( spur of the moment for us to hear about his going but I'm sure he was planning for awhile) It was for bear, but they "got skunked' as Mike said. No sight of a bear to test their hunting skills. But I am sure they had a good time anyway. Time for more work...out I go!
Cathy you sound as if you have been really productive - so take some time out now - sit and relax and read, and sip on a wine There, doesn't that sound better? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment