Saturday, August 17, 2013

My semi annual cold

The cold has hit me again - usually get one twice a year but generally a bit later in the summer towards Fall. I felt the tickle in my throat last two days and then sure enough last evening the cough and chest symptoms appeared. It makes me feel tired and want to lay in bed but of course I have to carry on regardless. Yesterday it was going to the South River Park to pick chokecherries and make chokecherry vinegar. Apparently his Mother made the kids pick raspberries in the fields and she made a drink called vinegar. So we are trying it now but with chokecherries. Yesterday I made a dish with the outer leaves of brussel sprouts, called "frizzled sprouts', Basically you stir fry the outer leaves until brown and soft. You are supposed to add pomegranate seeds at the end to serve but those are a bit expensive for a trial. Anyway, this recipe went into the garbage. I still have the little insides of the sprouts that I can boil and eat. Thank goodness Harry did the "deleafing" as it was a thankless job for a terrible meal. However I am enjoying green fried tomatoes - I like these and are easy to make and heavens knows we have enough green tomatoes to use. My sniffles are bothersome, so I think I'll sign off and feel sorry for myself ( no one else will haha) and get on with the day. Hope you have a good weekend folks. What are you up to ?  ps I started a message yesterday but it suddenly disappeared - I have no idea where and wonder if it is a draft but again could not figure out how to get into that edit place. I don't like to fool around with this blog because I have had trouble in the past and so far it is working for me so don't want to upset things...Too bad...if you find it somewhere let me know. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment