Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Changing things around

What a great idea Cathy - changing the upstairs and downstairs all around. And I bet it feels like new. I used to switch the furniture in the front room from time to time, however it isn't possible anymore. It was a busy day today but I couldn't tell you if productive or not. A double batch of blueberry muffins made with some not so tasty berries bought at the local store cheap but still didn't use them all up. Still Harry bought another big basket at the market this afternoon from the grower and they are very good.  Can't say we don't have enough blueberries in the house. And corn - a dozen cobs ? I am trying to keep up with our own veg and so far so good but it is starting to back up as the tomatoes ripen. The cucumbers should soon be over their best. Wouldn't it be great if I could just run a few over to you guys? Yeah I know, there's always "the bus". I started to get ready to ride my bike over to the Lottery store this afternoon, when the dog came over to me and sat in front of me and "talked" to me as much as saying please take me with you . So I walked there instead. Probably just as good and it obviously pleased the dog haha. I may have to make a trip to the Library tomorrow as I am about to finish this current paperback book, and I do not have any books stored on the ereader that I haven't read. I have looked on the Kobo site but can't find anything to buy that interests me ( and is fairly cheap) Better go...take it easy Cathy with the housework - just relax and enjoy. A quad ride would be perfect. Mike is talking about buying an ATV and trailer in time for hunting season this Fall. He received his moose tag in the mail and is very excited about this - apparently actually hard to get. He sold one of his rifles to a friend and intends to use this $ towards the ATV. However, he asks if he can store it here as he does not trust leaving it in his driveway - he lives right downtown in North Bay and not the greatest neighbourhood. So if he does buy one soon, and brings it here, it will look like we have purchased it - we can fool the neighbours into thinking we have a life !! Wonderful idea. Take care
 

No comments:

Post a Comment