Saturday, August 31, 2013

Rain

After days of predicting thunderstorms we finally got rain today, and more rain and more rain. It hasn't had time to soak into the ground, so the entire yard from the patio doors to the firepit is water.  It did kill the heat and humidity for a while, which I, for one, really appreciate.  Instead of having 3 boys for a sleep over last night, we had 8 kids all afternoon.  I was at work. What a shame.  They all played in the pool and then had burgers and hot dogs for an early supper.  They all seemed to have fun, though.  We took the last 3 home just after six.  I dropped Jim off at the legion for meat draw and he finally won something.  I guess the trick is to show up just before they start the draw.  Sometimes I am grateful that I have a lap top with battery power.  I unplugged it during the peak of the storm and still got to use it. I was given a bucket of tomatoes yesterday so I am going to make a batch of "junk" tomorrow.  It is supposed to be cooler tomorrow before going back up to 30 next week.  I still have a few bags of junk in the freezer, but considering how many I made last year we use a lot.  I put it in all my soups and stews and spagetti  sauces.  Jim wants to go to the legion later.  Cara told us she is making supper for the round table tonight.  Meatballs, and beans and some sort of potato casserole.  It sounds like it might be worth showing up for!   Jim starts hauling potatoes again around the 16th.  It lasts about 3 weeks and it gives him a bit of money to spend on "toys".  Usually for his truck.  The renovations at our office seem to be going really slowly... ie.. no one showed up after last Monday.  The cement truck was late and the inspector left before it got there.  Hence.. no cement was poured.  We will see what next week brings.  The rain seems to have eased up a bit.  I checked the radar.  One storm cell has just passed over us, but another is almost here.  I guess we have more rain coming.  I wonder why mother nature likes to postpone the rain until there are crops lying in the fields?  One of life's mysteries.  Today I am grateful it has cooled down a bit.  I know come January I will be crying for heat again.  There is just no satisfying me.

No comments:

Post a Comment