Sunday, August 25, 2013

Last Day

Why does time go so fast when you want it to slow down?  My 2 weeks are over and I feel like they just started.  I got a lot of things done, but I decided that I was going to relax, too, so I spent a lot of time on my swing, reading books.  We went to Big Valley last week.  It has changed so much since I used to go there with the kids.  Jim and I wandered down the creek a bit and just enjoyed the time.  The hill that we climbed in the Toyota is getting a bit overgrown, and the path up has been blocked with a pile of shale.  I look up the hill and wonder what we were thinking!  It will always be a claim to fame for us to have taken the car up the hill.  These days I wouldn't even do it on a quad!  It was so hot and humid yesterday that I almost felt ill.  Today is supposed to be the same.  I left all the windows open last night and all the fans turning.  I know the house will heat up, but it will start a little cooler.   We didn't even have supper last night since we were too hot to eat.  Tonight it will be a chicken on the BBQ with some new potatoes.  The rest will be donations from the Hutterites (Tomatoes, cucumbers and buns!)  I need to clean the pool today.  Not that much of a chore to be in the pool when it is hot outside.  We will have 3 boys here next Friday.  Ages 10, 12 and 14.  I will be at work :) They can play in the pool  The rest of today I will spend reading.  It is my last day and I am going to enjoy every minute.  Tomorrow I have to wear real clothes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment