Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Good to have you back

and sounds as if you had a busy weekend Patty. I don't know what the weather was like for you but it looks as if there is lots of rain now. Our weather is showing warnings and watches all over with "touch downs" in some places - I am assuming they mean heavy winds or downbursts but could be tornado like hits as well. I guess we are on a watch for thunderstorms tonight so may be up pumping water at the front - who knows?  More blueberries bought today at the market but they go quickly eaten as delicious bowls of fresh berries and milk. Too many cucumbers yesterday so Harry took a big bag of cukes, tomatoes and peppers to some neighbours down the street who are on low income. I ran into her in the store this morning and she was very appreciative which makes you feel good to know they are going to someone who will use them. He bought more beets as well at the market but wanted some real Harvard beets for supper instead of Aunty Lorraine's recipe which I love. So I pulled a recipe off the internet and made them along with fresh beans and home made corn beef. I still like Aunty Lorraine's recipe haha  I was going to stay up long enough to make a little fire tonight but it is overcast and threatening right now, so perhaps a nice bath and some more reading are in store instead. Countdown Cathy - 2 more days?  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment