Saturday, August 17, 2013

Chokecherries

It's funny that you should mention choke cherry vinegar.  It is on my to do list.  Auntie Flo used to make it all the time.  I would go out with the other kids and pick chokecherries (They grew in the bush across the road from her house)  I have never made it, but we have so many chokecherries this year that I thought I thought I would try.  While searching for a recipe I came across the Manitoba Home Economist website and it had lots of chokecherry recipes.  Check it out - http://www.homefamily.net/?s=choke+cher.  Now all I have to do is go out and pick them.  This morning I tackled the basement.  Worked for hours and hours and when I came upstairs it was only 10 am.  Either I didn't work as long as I thought, or I got a very early start (Somehow I think it wasn't the early start)  Once again there is month left at the end of the money, so we are cleaning out the pantry and freezer.   The months must be getting longer 'cause there seems to be a lot more time left once the money runs out.  Okay, I need some down time and some sleep.  I just snarled at Jim for doing the dishes.  I think I will take a day off and read.  Good thing I went to the library yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment