Tuesday, August 13, 2013

We've been quiet, but we have been cleaning carpets.  This is part of the "do before snowfall" list, and I had suggested hiring someone to do it, with the extra money we had, but David was determined  to do it himself.  We rented the equipment for two days, but once he started, he didn't want to stop.  It was 1:00 this morning before we actually got to bed, but we managed to get the main floor done.  I was very stiff and sore and couldn't sleep, so about 4:30 took one T3, passed out and slept until almost 10:00.  This means that I've been pretty useless all day.  We did get out to the library, the quilt store and to return the machine we had rented.  Only when he got home did David discover the upholstery hose hanging on the fence, so went off to return it and I went down for a nap.  We had both said that we weren't going to attempt to do anything for the rest of the day, but he came home with a huge piece of carpet to cut down to use in the back foyer.  It has now been cut down and we have a second piece to use when this one wears out..  Cutting it down turned out to be quite a job, but he got it done.

The lake property has been listed, and we are told that there has already been some interest expressed.  It is posted at www.mcconnelllake.com Now we wait.  I was surprised that it was listed with most of the furniture included..  Amber had asked for the fairly new queen size bed that is in the cottage, but now I guess we wait and maybe negotiate for it.  However, if they did want us to take everything out, it would mean organizing the world's biggest garage sale for next spring.  No, thank you.  But I will be bringing my Royal Doulton dishes home, even if it means selling them on Kijiji.

So now we relax, and maybe even get to play a little poker.  I tried a tournament last night, after being away from it for almost 3 weeks.  It was like I had never played before.  I just couldn't read any body and got kicked out without winning any money.  We'll see how I do tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment