Thursday, August 22, 2013

Google tribute to Claude Debussy

I just signed onto web and was delighted to view todays Google tribute. How beautiful - Claire de Lune.
Another reminder that Summer is waning - they removed the floating docks at the lake today. They still have the swimming dock, and the boat dock in place but every year they place a special area near the deeper waters ( the sudden drop off) where people can walk out to, climb onto the docks and then dive into the deeper water. Glad to hear about the positive responses to the Lake property Patty and hope that all will go well for you with the real estate conference call next week. We went to North Bay today to shop. Mike had his truck in the garage so we drove him there to pick it up before heading home ourselves. He and his lady, Erin, are travelling down to near Toronto for the weekend to visit her family. Never a highlight for Mike but he says "...I bought a 12 pack to take with me...." I stopped into the Tim's on the highway leaving North Bay to get a coffee for me and an ice cap for Harry and was surprised to see that they now sell Tim Horton's K-cups. They have had Tassimo discs for awhile, and when I asked about K-cups some time ago, was told they did not have them. Perhaps too many people were asking for them? Anyway, since I had already bought something else for my Keurig machine earlier at the Kitchenomics store, I thought I should wait until another time to splurge on these. I also stopped at the Bus Terminal to enquire about schedules and prices to travel from North Bay to Winnipeg to Neepawa and return, but they did not have anything in a paper form to give me but instead gave me the Greyhound website. After I finish this message I will try to access that and see how much I'll need to save to plan a trip next year. I always like to think ahead and in doing so, gives me something to look forward to. Like I have always said, it is the anticipation that makes a trip so very exciting!! It rained and thundered last night - I was up pumping water at the front and suddenly the power went off. I was wondering what I would do, when it came back just as suddenly. Only out for about 5 minutes. As it was, I had to go outside once to fiddle with the pump while the lightening flashed all around - scary! Tomorrow we might go to Huntsville to take Harry's sister a few baskets of big green tomatoes. She loves to eat them fried and with her diabetes, it is one food item she can tolerate. Her husband has a garden but apparently has few and those he has are very small (and most of his plants were given to him by us in the first place) Time to quit. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment