Thursday, August 22, 2013

On the whole---

I'd rather  rather look like a cucumber than a potato.  Looking more and more potato like all the time.  I haven't been out on my bike for over a month, having hurt my left knee--yet again.  That poor knee bares the brunt of all of my accidents and falls. I've been working hard in the studio, but don't have a lot to show for it--a teaching sample that will work as a hanging for the Dec show and a half-finished picture of a very strange Bonsai tree.  I try to get one household chore finished each day, but I'm not always successful. The recent heat wave has kept me inside and in the basement, especially when we had a strange smell while the air conditioning was working and left it off to cool off for about 24 hours.  It was hot enough that I wore my muumuus for a couple of days.  They look just as ridiculous as my nighties when  worn along with my black stockings and tied walking shoes.

The B-B-Q was strange.  The food was good, and while we saw the b-b-q  there was no sign of the whole pig.  No-one knew anyone else.  I has been about 8-10 years ( Arne's 80th birthday) since the last time these people were together like this and everyone has changed. So there wasn't really a lot of mixing between the small groups. although there were tables set up and there was a bit of traffic between them.  Unfortunately they were set up in the sun, and I just couldn't take it.  It was at my nephew Doug's home, which is on a small acreage, and includes his workshop--a large well built and set up building, that is already too small for the manufacture and restoration of vehicles that goes on there.  A very nice set-up and Doug is obviously very proud of what he has accomplished--deservedly so. Loren made it, and had a chance to have a good visit with his cousin John.  I think that in the long run it has been been a good thing that these cousins share the St. John's experience, as the age span is such that they didn't share a lot of time, together, at the lake with Grandma, although they all had several summers down there.

There has been a lot of interest shown in the lake property, with several showings last weekend and several more over the next week.  David and his sister will be setting up a conference call with the real estate agent for next Monday evening, and are told that a decision will be expected by about 9:00 that night..  We are surprised at some of the questions we are being asked, but usually know where to find an answer.  At this point we remain optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment