Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Holidays??

It's already Wednesday!  I picked a good time to be away from work.  They are jackhammering the basement floor now and both Shirley and Patty are feeling the effects of the vibration and noise.  They also have to use the bathroom at the Legion once the guys start working.  They can't get to one of the bathrooms in the basement and the guys use the other one and leave it pretty dirty.

So far I have been pacing myself and only working a a few projects each day.  The rec room floor has been washed, but it really needs a scrubbing. I moved all the furniture from side to side so I could get at all of the floor.  Needless to say we decided to move furniture around.  The table from upstairs is where the stereo was.  The stereo is on the other side of the rec room.  Upstairs, the china cabinet is where the table was, the clock is where the china cabinet was, one chair is gone, and one chair from the rec room is upstairs.  And all I was going to do was wash the floor.  That did get the living room tidied, though.  I have made some dishes and put them in the freezer for those days when we just can't decide or don't feel like cooking.  Lasagna, chicken wings, hamburger soup, turkey soup, and Jim made lazy cabbage rolls.  We'll probably still have sandwiches when we are tired !

Today is once again supposed to  be cutting more wood.  I am just waiting to see if Jim feels up to it. He can only do so much before his breathing goes, so we only cut a bit a day.  I guess we cut a lot it just seems like a bit when we look at what is left to cut.  He wants to build another wood holder.  Ours got smashed by ski-dooers a couple of winters ago.  We have the picnic table up on stones to make it a good height and I put logs on it and hold them down while Jim cuts.  With the holder I can stand further back and push the logs along to the other end.  Less chainsaw oil and saw dust on me that way.

We might go for a quad ride on Sunday.  Our quad is working again, and Rodney finally got his fixed so we all want to go for a ride.  It has been a while.  I need to get some fun out of this holiday.  I got my new passport, but I have absolutely no money to go anywhere.  It is nice to think that I can win the lottery and leave the country right away. :)   Jim can`t go with me.  He never got around to applying.  He has never had a passport in his life.  I have my old ones and I was comparing the pictures.  Bad mistake.  I seem to have gotten older in the last 25 years! 

Today`s project will be the two spare rooms and maybe my office or my bedroom.  Once I get my goal complete I don`t have to do anything else unless I want to.  It makes it easier to finish all my jobs and I don`t focus on all of them at once.  I will need Jim`s help with the basement (It scares me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment