Tuesday, August 20, 2013

It's not the heat... It's the humidity..

No, I think the heat is playing a large part in this.  We have not been doing anything the last couple of days.  We wait and wait for the weather to warm up and then we complain... go figure.   My determination to get the house clean stopped at my office.  That's where I put everything I took out of the other rooms.  Now I have to deal with it.  I started this morning and found my collection of coin wrappers, so....... I went into my bedroom and rolled quarters.  Sixty dollars later, the office is still staring at me, but I have some money.  I feel good getting the pantry done, though. I even straightened the freezers, cleaned up my cleaning supplies and organized my cookie sheets and baking pans.  Now I can feel justified in ignoring the office.  One weather report yesterday said that the fall would be hotter and dryer than normal... Today one said that we would have an earlier than normal frost and that the snow would be here to stay by October.  What a difference one day can make in the world!  Of course environment Canada is calling for a thunderstorm here this afternoon, but Weather Network says hot and sunny until we might get rain on Friday.  The only way to tell the weather anymore is to look out the window.  This week I am very grateful that we have the rec room in the basement that stays relatively cool during all this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment