Friday, August 2, 2013

Picking berries

Today we drove to Sturgeon Falls west of North Bay to a pick your own raspberries and got 4 baskets full. They have rows and rows of bushes with so many of the berries ripe and falling onto the ground. Now I must do something with them - they are in a cooler for overnight so tomorrow I must get at it! We also stopped into the Reserve on the way back to North Bay to check if our "fish man" had any pickerel to buy. His boat wasn't working right so we were out of luck today. The new car now has over 1100 kms and I am very cautious to ensure we don't go over 2000 any month as we only have 24,000 kms a year over three years on our contract. It will be a challenge. I am back to getting "quick pick" numbers on the lottery tickets instead of the chosen numbers I've had last few months. Was not working - go figure! But I really can't remember the chosen numbers and ripped up the pages I used in the machine so there will be no issue for me to make the switch. I think Cathy you suggested that it would be hard because what if your numbers actually came up, right? Long weekend and we could tell when we stopped into the No Frills grocery store in North Bay for a few things. The line ups were staggering but it took on an air of joviality amongst all those inline - amazing how people seemed to chill out and all laugh and joke and not get annoyed with it all. We are still planning to attend the drive in movie Sunday night. It is the big Festival in North Bay this weekend - usually a good time to avoid the city. We saw the amusement park all set up with rides going around and around, but the weather predicts thunderstorms for tonight and tomorrow so I hope it won't spoil the weekend too much. Oh well, time for bed and reading again. Hey, hope everyone has a great weekend. For those at the Lake already, belated greetings I guess as you won't likely read this until you get back. Or, do you have access down there???  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment