Sunday, August 4, 2013

Another rainy day

I am letting Jim have his "day" today.  He is downstairs watching some baseball movie and when(and if) he wants some breakfast we will eat.  It's already 9:30 so I think it may be lunch by the time we get to it.  For supper tonight he has chosen garlic shrimp and corn on the cob.  Needless to say I warned Keri not to come to supper tonight.  Yesterday they had a casting call for the short feature they are filming in Gladstone.  I wasn't going, but Keri asked me to set up with her, so I ended up staying.  It was so much fun.  They played a whole bunch of theatre games before they had the auditions.  They gave us scenarios and  we had entire conversations using only numbers.  I guess that was to see how we could express emotion with the way we spoke rather than the words.  We had to wander around the room, sometimes walking like we were going to work, sometimes like we were meeting a friend, stuff like that.  It probably sounds really stupid to you, but it was fun.  Keri tells me she will be going as the PA (production assistant).  I think she is looking forward to it.  I have one more week of work and then I have 2 weeks off.  It will be relaxing. ( Especially since I won't be gardening.)  A friend near Hargrave says her garden is overwhelming her.  She has offered to bring me some of her excess when we have a meeting at the beginning of September.  The only thing that grew was beans.   If this rain keeps up I guess we won't be having "shrimp on the barbe"  Oh well.  Sauted in garlic butter is good too.  I think I will do nothing today, too.  Can't work outside. (I also didn't get the potatoes dug for supper and now it is wet..... we need to dig about 4 plants just to get enough potatoes for us)  I guess it will be shrimp and noodles.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful long weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment