Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dreary day

...has me stuck inside this morning waiting to leave for North Bay this afternoon to go shopping and then to the drive in movie. It will be a long night as the movie doesn't start until 9 pm. This morning I made Coyote Mix Pancakes with raspberries. I thought of you folks at the Lake and figured you would be making the same at least one of these mornings, no? I stocked up in the mix the last time I was there, as to date, I have never found it in any of the stores around here. Do you still buy the mix Patty? I have finally come to the last of the 4 baskets of raspberries which were ripening and getting past good very quickly. A few bowls of them with yoghurt, and a batch of raspberry tarts have satisfied the stomach. And I have fast frozen the rest producing about 10 bags. didn't want to go the jam route as we have tons already and really never use much. The tomatoes and cucumbers are coming into the house faster than I can consume them so a batch of refrigerator pickles is already made. A few weeks ago Harry bought a cement bench and a cast iron small outdoor fireplace with the understanding that the man (just up the street) would wait until he had someone to help him move them here. Friday the man came to the door and had Harry drive with him to bring the bench while I cleared a spot in the yard convenient to lift the heavy thing off his van. It took the three of us to move it into our yard. Then the three of us to go back to his house to get the stove. With that chore done, yesterday I straightened up the area and by myself moved the stove into place onto two cement blocks. Then I bought some black high heat enamel paint special for BBQs and stoves and Harry painted it. It looks really nice now. (Remember that the stove we had fell apart years back) I went to the lake this morning and found a big piece of driftwood and carried it back home with intent to cut it up for a few sticks of fire wood. Long ago we got rid of the firewood we had stacked in the yard as we had no stove to burn it in. So soon I will be able to light a fire and sit in the yard after dark and enjoy!! I so love to sit by the fire - too bad you folks aren't able to join me? Cathy, maybe you should make a fire the same night I do and we can pretend to be together haha   Happy Birthday to Jim..... Take care for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment