Friday, August 9, 2013

Oh what a feeling...

...to be on vacation, that is! Enjoy Cathy, but keep us updated on what you are up to, OK?
I was very ambitious today which helps the day go by faster. I started with the kitchen cupboard under the counter. It has been a catch all for too long so everything was taken out, shelves washed and then things organized and put back in some semblance of order and neatly labelled. Then (by this time afternoon) I rode my bike down the highway to the other end of town to buy the animal's flea medication at the Vets. and then back into town to buy a card at the pharmacy, and then to the other end of town to the Lottery store. It was a long ride but it felt so good to get out and I made out just fine. Now I know I can venture farther on my bike than I have been going so maybe new adventures are in store for me? However it is still 22 km to Burk's Falls where the Tin Horton's is located so I think this is out of the question! This weekend is the Annual Sundridge Sunflower Festival with lots of activities and music and the main street closed to traffic as over 70 vendors set up and sell their wares. On Sunday is the RBC Triathlon which attracts people from far and wide. The weather is supposed to cooperate so I expect I shall be walking downtown tomorrow to take some of in. I had to buy a baby card because Aunt Evelyn called last night to invite us out to the cottage to see "the new baby". Her granddaughter had a little boy a few weeks ago (greatgrandson for Aunt Ev) and the whole family will be coming to the lake for a week. So we shall be going Monday afternoon to view the baby haha. Consequently a card was in order. Aunt Ev said NOT to bring a gift as the mother had a baby shower with 80 people attending and got double and triple of some items and had to return many of the gifts. In other words they have enough baby things! I got stung by two hornets yesterday - just walking by the compost barrel and not realizing there was a swarm of them - before I knew it the pain hit me and there were two bites. I put some of that After Bite cream onto the bites immediately but it still hurt! boo hoo! I made a small fire in the new stove yesterday morning just to try it out. Took my morning coffee out and sat in quiet solitude by the fire and it was very nice. I hope to light another fire again soon - I have gathered all the old dead branches around the yard and covered by a tarp - just waiting for the next time. well, bedtime now, and no book to read - finished The Cookoo's Calling last night on my ereader. I just looked on the Kobo site to see if anything interested me (anything cheap that is) But alas I bought nothing. I have a few paperbooks on hand though. Have a great weekend all, Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment