Friday, October 6, 2017

A simply delightful day for me

Two wonderful happenings today have left me feeling happy and delighted.
First: Last evening Mike called to say he was coming this way with his friend Clay (fellow who also lives in Markstay) Clay keeps chickens and most of his flock(?) were killed by a fox last week. So he went on line and found a fellow here in Sundridge from whom he could buy more. So I had the pleasure of having them both here for lunch with me.  I tidied up around the patio at the back, and prepared a nice lunch, and the weather was sunny and beautiful. So we enjoyed about an hour of food and conversation and congeniality el fresco!! Best part is that I shall see him and Erin again on Sunday.
Second: Just after Mike and Clay left, the Librarian called to say that Louise Penny's Glass Houses was waiting for me to pick up. It had just come into the Library inventory, and true to her word, this new Librarian remembered me and called. I am the first to take it out. I shall be indebted to her now - she is in my good books.
So as i said, a great day and much to be thankful for...Take care
Hope you both have a happy weekend, and celebration of Thanksgiving Day.  I am thankful for having you two, and for this Blog that keeps me connected with you both XX

No comments:

Post a Comment