Friday, October 27, 2017

Please keep your snow there

......and not send it here. At least for awhile anyway. The constant rain is enough right now.  I have hung a skeleton, and a bloody foot and put up the standing witch in the front of the house so far - that's all of the decorations I have put out. There are more but won't do that until right before next Tuesday. And if I don't move some of the fallen leaves on the driveway the kids will disappear before getting to the door anyway!  Oh goody, that means more leftover chocolates for me.
I went up to North Bay yesterday afternoon on my own, and gave myself a treat for the trip back home. There is no Starbucks as you enjoy Pati, but I went through the Tim Hortons drive thru and got a nice hot dark roast coffee and a warm pumpkin spice muffin stuffed with cream cheese. Now that was fun to try to eat and drive at the same time - talk about distracted driving. I did manage to do a biggish shopping at No Frills - things that have run out eg dish soap, toothpaste etc and these always add up to a costly bill. The part I don't like is the packing of the bags on your own. I say to the cashier "be patient with me while I pack" and they always seem to comply nicely.  And i bought Lottery tickets at a Shoppers Drug Mart hoping maybe a change in purchase venue might kick start some winning?? Think so?
I expect we may be doing more moving of records etc from place to place today - depends on how Harry is feeling today, and how much rain will fall. Lots of work but maybe it will help to clear a bit also from the front room and dining room? Forever hopeful...
So here we are at the weekend again, and the end of another month. Where is the time going? Have a nice rest everyone. Take care
ps watch that snow shoveling - my time will come and I am dreading it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment