Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sunday afternoon

I was really exhausted yesterday.  David had a couple of football games to watch in the evening.  So I played a little poker, knowing that I was in no shape for any thing creative.  Burned through 5 tournaments in short order.  100,000 chips  down the drain.  so to bed early.

This morning was spent doing all sorts of catch-up housework jobs. A load of laundry, kitchen cleaned up and the floor washed, vacuuming done, bathroom scrubbed, cheque book balanced ( sort of), and then I joined the Manitoba Crafts Council.  lol

Now I hope to finish the last mandala, and get them put away.  I hope to get them into the gift shop in Selkirk, in January, and will speak with Gail about the other places she sells her stuff. 

 The local quilters' guild has asked members to make Christmas stockings for women and children in shelters.  The actual number is up to me, and I've selected fabric and embellishment for 4 of them, and will maybe stretch that to five.  I basted almost 70 hexies, at the sale yesterday, between customers.  Most of them are in a blue colour way, and might be suitable for a stocking for a boy--can't use too much "frou-frou" on a boy's stocking. Since I've been wanting to experiment with sewing the hexies by machine, this just might offer the excuse. The project will also serve as a means for me to accomplish something creatively, quickly, since I know when and where they will be moving out of the house.

The family is trying to coordinate a get-together to celebrate Jessica and Samantha's birthdays, in November.  Cathy, I figured out how old Keri will be next month.  I remember that when my children reached that age, it was a huge shock to me.  How could this have happened!??  Where has the time gone?  How can I possibly be old enough to have a child that age?  I recommend a big glass of wine, and a cold cloth on the forehead,

No comments:

Post a Comment