Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Slow day

I've been making new nightshirts for David, and he slept in one for the first time last night.  There were problems.  So I've spent most of the day problem solving.  I think I got it sorted out, but he'l use it again tonight, and we'll find out.  The second one is cut, and ready to sew.  I've even made a few alterations, after my experiences today, but I'm not putting in another stitch, until I'm sure where it's all going.

I've also been experimenting with a couple of painted, but not finished mandalas.  It's not gone well, and they may just end up in the garbage.  Sorted out my scrap pile and made the decision --no more hexies.  I'll never use the ones I've got, and making charity quilts from squares is so much easier.  Whether I can stick to that decision or not remains to be seen.  

Got an e-mail today from an acquaintance.  We haven't communicated for well over a year, but we're trying to set up a coffee date, hopefully this week. We'll see what develops, but she is an interesting lady, and, at one time, we had a lot in common.  At that time she was making some very interesting bird sculptures from fabric.

It's getting colder here, as well, especially at night, with frost the last few nights.  I'm toying with the idea of getting out the duvet, but hope to put it off until the end of the month. The only thing worse than being cold at night is being too warm.  However, the colder weather has made an excellent excuse for wearing my new sweaters.  Two of them are wonderful--soft and cozy.  The other two are less warm, but much more formal, and suitable to wearing with my dress trousers.  I just have to remember to wear my white bra, under the white and cream ones.

Today is day  4 of phase one of my eating regimen.  This is the best I've done in several months.  Sticking to it without little indulgences, that is.  I am being quite strict with myself, even asking David to hide the raisins, doling out the measurements I ask for, and leaving the dish on the counter for me, before hiding the bag again.

Otherwise, life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment