Sunday, October 8, 2017

Productive day

although we both participated reluctantly.  Quite awhile ago we pieced together two plastic rug protectors so that I could use my office chair in the upstairs studio.  The device came apart once and was re-taped, but when it came apart the second time, the mess was such that extra steps had to be taken.  There were three pieces, one was full size and the two other smaller.  The working space in the studio is quite small, ( read very, very small).  All three pieces were filthy with used adhesive from the tape, and we got out Beth's reliable Goo Gone to clean it up.  Neither of us is capable of working on our hands and knees, on the floor,especially not in a confined space.  The whole work table had to be cleared off, and then the hideous job of getting the big piece up onto the table, so David could work on it.  Finally enough of the adhesive was off, but the surface was greasy and there was no way new gun tape would adhere, so the pieces had to be washed.  This meant clearing out any extraneous furniture, such as my bath seat and clamp-on grab bar, from the bathroom, and maneuvering the plastic into the tube, where we could wash it and then rinse it with the shower.  By this time we had been at it for almost two full hours.Then it was to be dried, re-taped and put back.  But first there was the opportunity to vacuum the whole studio for the first time in almost five years.  By the time that was done, we were both exhausted.  The decision was made to put the large piece back, and try using that for awhile, in hopes of not needing to re-tape the whole thing back together again.  Of course, with all this fuss, the whole studio was discombobulated,  as well as the bathroom, and both needed to be sorted out and put back together again.

Finally, we were able to have lunch, sit for a few minutes, and then tidy the kitchen.  Putting out the re-cycling in the bin, I noticed the patio ankle deep in leaves, and laughingly told David to take a look.  He had been meaning to vacuum it yesterday, but put it off.  So off he goes to do that.  I know there were several big yard waste bags filled, but I was off to the Dollar store and to get my coffee while all the swearing was going on.  

Finally, 5:00, and a Dead Files marathon.  I have been missing this for the past few weeks, as there has been a CFL game on Saturday evenings.  I have set a goal of one hour of hand sewing a day, to try to finish piecing my hexie quilt in time to enter it in the quilt show next spring.  Today I put in 4 hours while watching my marathon, so I'm slightly ahead of the game.

Now, I think we both will sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment