Monday, October 30, 2017

Using the Crock Pot

Your ambitious cooking frenzy Cathy, has me thinking. I wish I could use the crock pot more - I use it but not much. Harry's palette these days is so fussy that I hardly know what to cook, So usually end up with nothing special. Now, I do like to make myself a home made pizza - your recipe Cathy - as I love it so much. I experiment with it a bit but then I am the only one eating it. I have all these pork chops and stir fry pork in the freezer but Harry tends not to like the pork anymore.  I am happy that I am making some nice breakfast menus for myself though, and that seems to keep me going.
Terribly windy all night and this morning with no rain yet but it is coming. The leaves are blowing all around and if i could have i would have tried to rake a few. The neighbour next door pulls out his big tractor machine with the leaf vacuum on it and goes around and around and then complains to us about all our leaves. I did pull down all the grape vines from our grape plants from his tree next door yesterday - the vines grow and crawl so far I have to get on the ladder and cut and pull them from the branches of the trees close by.  Now I have to do something with all the brush. I found a few hidden clumps of grapes though and ate them right there as they were so delicious and juicy.
Pati you have written often about the threads you use so I went onto the Superior web site and had some fun browsing through their site - educational items and stock items etc. I was able to discover that my bobbin is an "L style" so if I order prewound bobbins I can know what to get. So many choices and colour selections. They have scheduled booths and workshops at areas around but according to their current posted calendar none close to here. But one can order direct so after a bit I may go that route.
Tomorrow we will be going back to the lady with the mosaic tiles. Harry had me phone her this weekend to inquire and since we go to Huntsville on Tuesdays, we planned with her to go at 10 am - she says she has lots more.  I had bought some ceramic tile adhesive and some grout at the hardware and harry has experimented with several tiles and attaching fancy glass beads etc so I guess he would like more of the bigger size tiles she had.  I hope not too many!
Time for some breakfast and a coffee before the day begins in earnest.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment