Monday, October 30, 2017

Hairdressers

I think I told you about my hairdresser moving to Calgary.  Before she moved, I went to a small shop near my coffee store to see her.  She and another woman had worked together for almost 9 years, at a larger salon, and then both went to this small shop that only lasted about 6 months. This was last spring and I've been searching ever since for someone I could trust.  I thought I had found someone close to home, but her regular shop is out on main street, and appointments are needed.  Usually I just neglect my hair, until one day I finally scream in frustration and look for the nearest shop that takes walk-ins.  Today was the day.  Because I refuse to go back to the local shop that did me dirt, and then raised their prices by over 30%, I went to a mall shop hear our grocery store.  It's been there for years, and I think I used it many years ago.  Well, walked in and there was the other woman who had been in the small shop that closed after only a few months.  She has cut my hair quite nicely, several times.  And she did a great job today.  I sure lucked in there.

Yesterday I delivered my pieces to the gallery in Selkirk.  Since the woman who usually calls the shots with the group was out of town, she had put someone else, a former school teacher, in charge of hanging the show.  She had several helpers, and since David was with me, we wanted to get away fairly quickly.  She told everyone what she had in mind and how things were to be done.  I noticed a look of horror on the face of the woman representing the gallery, also the other well experienced artist present, even David was taken aback with her plans.  Knowing the gallery representative well, I quietly wished her good luck.  The look on her face when she thanked me was priceless.

My ATC luncheon was well attended, even a woman who has missed the meetings for the last two years ( sending her cards with a friend) was there.  It seems the husband she has been caring for, has finally been declared ready for personal care home placement, and is waiting, in hospital, for a bed to come available.  The theme for next month is something different.  Instead of cards, we are to make a little paper holder for about 8 cards.  Not too difficult, but the confusion and questions from most of the ladies there  was chaotic.  It'll be interesting what they come up with.  Seemed pretty straight forward to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment