Thursday, October 5, 2017

My new job started today...

This morning I had my orientation to my new job and surprised to learn I had been given additional tasks. 
I went over to the neighbours at 9 am and helped her clean the rabbit cage and got my instructions - very clear and concise and i think I am up to the challenge??
She took me inside and then gave me instructions for feeding the cat. What??? I did not know about the cat needs so with open mind and clear thinking I too, was given my instructions.  I say this all in good fun I know, as I don't mind. There was another lady who lives and works in South River ( 10 km north) who was originally supposed to come and do the rabbit but apparently her car isn't working and she wasn't sure when she could come etc etc so as she spoke to Ruth on the phone while I was there, I hollered to Ruth, "I'll just do it all and so Hilda won't need to worry" I had visions of us both arriving one day at same time to do the chores. 
Anyway they are off. Harry and I had to drive up to Powassan to buy some garlic bulbs so they could be planted today. I guess the neighbours left while we were gone because when we got home, there at the door was sitting half a pitcher of milk, half a head lettuce and a package of Romaine lettuce. I will take this as my salary paid in full for the duration of my employment haha!
We got lots done outside this afternoon, and also dehydrating more crabapples. Can you picture me up the ladder trying to pick apples that were at least two feet higher than my grasp. I was holding onto the rungs of the ladder for dear life hoping it would hold me safely. As you can tell, all is well. I survived!
So that's the update for today! I did manage to have my cup of tea by taking a break. Now it is back to work. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment