Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Wind warnings

Sounds as if you folks are in for some heavy winds. Hopefully by the time it gets here it will have defused.
I went into Coles yesterday while in Huntsville. That book I mentioned will not be published until January 2018 so I guess I will have a long wait!  I have also been interested in some books recently published with the theme of the classic movie The Princess Bride.  Do you folks remember that one/  i have always loved it and could be counted as one of my favourite. I slipped into my Library to return Glass Houses and the Librarian has ordered one book called As You Wish by Cary Elwes. I saw it in Coles and wanted to read it but not at $26.00. The other book called The Dharma of The Princess Bride by Eric Nicthurn (?) was just published in September so it may be awhile before the Librarian can try to order it for me. Oh well ...... lots to do in the meantime.
Dentist appointment today for me at 8 am. Just the usual checkup and cleaning so do not expect any surprises. Then I hope to make an appointment for next day or so for a hair cut in anticipation of my Luncheon on Saturday. I can't wear a knitted hat there as I have been lately - not only for the cold but also because my hair is so unruly. Yesterday I splurged at the Thrift Shop and bought a gorgeous winter scarf in shades of black and midnight blue ($3.00). So over to Dollarama and I splurged again to buy a light knitted toque in black and matching gloves ($2.00 and $1.50 respectively). I have a new winter jacket in a plummish colour ( I know it is new to me even if got at the dump store haha) that I think these purchases will enhance nicely. I really need a good pair of winter boots. My current one have garbage bags stuffed inside to help keep out the wet. I would love to go to the Sears Store in North Bay and see what might be there. The liquidation sales are supposed to start tomorrow.   Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment