Thursday, October 5, 2017

Not up to much

Gosh Beth, I hope the cat wasn't pregnant as well. And the snarky side of me wonders if the phone call, and your reaction wasn't planned/ hoped for.

On Monday, while we were in Walmart, I got a flu shot, in the pharmacy there.  I get one every year with no problems, but Tuesday night I woke up with all the symptoms, chills, fever, nausea, etc.  It lasted about an hour, but this meant very little sleep.  So yesterday was just a quiet day at home.  Slept in quite late, and then had a nap later in the day.  I sure didn't have the energy to do anything else.  And today things appear fine.  Still, that short time of discomfort was much better than getting the flu.

Tuesday morning we took David to the dentist.  While he was there, I went a couple of blocks down the street to a Starbucks.  Then I sat with my coffee, and just relaxed for about 45 minutes before heading back to the dentist.  When I got there, it was to find out that they had been trying to call me, and I wasn't hearing the phone ring, in my purse on the floor.  They had wanted to discuss a treatment plan for David.  There are three concerns.  Two of them are just potential trouble to be aware of, but aren't hurting or causing problems right now. The third one isn't causing problems, but has much greater potential to do so in the very near future, and fixing it involves removing a crown, doing a root canal, and then replacing the crown. All of them are costly, and our insurance coverage, attached to his military pension, is not good. So we asked that they send a request to the insurance company, asking that each problem be individually considered, and then we'll make a decision.
This is a worry, as David doesn't want to lose his teeth, and if it came to that, it would cost even more.

Tuesday evening was also the meeting of my fibre art support group.  This time it was at a house on the Red River, north of Lockport, right on the edge of the Fort.  This was a house that has been built and added to over many years. Fairly large but not one that could ever be considered a "McMansion".  A little rustic, with two floors, and decks on both levels on the river side.  It was like being in a tree house, when you went out onto one of the upper decks.  Her studio, on the second floor, had large windows and walk outs to the deck on the east and South side.  What a wonderful home--and it was truly a "home"!

Anyway, I took my "Future Perspective" and the reaction was a very good one.  So I guess that one is headed for the November show.  We did the final planning for the show and reception, as it was our last meeting before the show is hung.

The next studio task is making some Christmas stockings for a charity endevour (sp?) with the local Quilt Guild. The stockings are to be taken in on Dec 14, and then  taken to a local woman's shelter, where they will be filled. . Since the shelter also takes in children, we are making them for all ages and sexes. It's sort of nice to just have fun putting together braids and laces, and making "pretties".


No comments:

Post a Comment