Friday, October 13, 2017

Orchestra memories

Good Friday the 13th to you folks. Never been a worry for me, but still....
Reading in the WFP about the Conductor Victor Feldbrill, age 93 will be guest conductor at the WSO. This brings back so many memories for me from when he was the Conductor in 60s and I was part of the Youth Orchestra and traveled around Manitoba and southern USA to give performances. Part of his legacy was to promote the involvement of youth in the area so to sustain a viable symphony orchestra for the future. How I wish I could be there to see the Event. Cathy's quote comes to mind so often for me:  if wishes were horses....etc. 
I have yet to confirm that the neighbours returned home late last night - I looked across around midnight but couldn't see any life., and this morning while out with the dog early still no sign, I'll tell later one once the sun comes up and people start to move about. 
I cleaned out the little greenhouse yesterday completely. Tearing down all the tomato plants, weeding the soil and then cleaning all the windows ready for next spring.  Next job will be to bring in all the shelving that is scattered about the yard but hope Harry will do that. Today is sunny, I'll reinforce the taping around some of the seams. The greenhouse is old and I have had to fix it up over the years - when you heat it in the spring, I hate to see all that heat going out side although I know it is not 100% closed in at the best of times. The big greenhouse is another issue - no idea what to do with it and time is closing in for me to cover the roof. Harry constructed trusses to make a new roof in the summer, but that situation lately has been such that no work further has been done.
Well weekend again, so have a nice rest folks. I expect yard work is on my agenda haha!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment